How To Conceal & Treat Blemishes
How to Conceal &Amp; Treat Blemishes
Skincare &Amp; Makeup Tips
Step 1: Concealer TipsYou have several options in terms of concealing products. For starters, you can use a liquid or cream concealer, or you could even use a foundation. Either way, if you are going to use a liquid or cream product, then you have to make sure to set it with translucent powder afterwards. Otherwise, the concealed area will appear “cakey” or oily in the middle of the day. The powder will also smooth out the area, and it will keep your concealer on longer.
You can apply with a synthetic brush or blend with your fingers. However, if you apply with a brush, make sure that it gets washed with a gentle shampoo at least once a week. You don't want a dirty brush with germs on it to cause you to break out further.
Step 2: Skincare TipsFinally, it’s important that you remove all makeup at night. Since concealer is much more pigmented with heavier coverage, it’s extremely important that you get it all off. Otherwise, you will further clog your pores and cause more breakouts, and you don’t want to create a vicious cycle of breakouts due to your concealer usage. Therefore, stick to a skincare regimen every night! Half of the battle fighting acne is washing your face every night. How simple is that?
Step 3: Tried + Tested = Successful TreatmentsHere is a list of products that will help you to treat your acne (according to skin type):
Charcoal Mask (preferably with sulfur): Oily/Combo Skin
- Pulls out impurities and regulates oil
Sulfur On-the-Spot Treatment: All Skin Types
- Heals current and prevents future blemishes
Salicylic Acid Serum: Oily/Combo/Sensitive Skin
- Mildly exfoliates the skin to unclog pores and promotes healthy skin cells
Vitamin A Serum: Oily or Mature Skin
- Strong exfoliator and encourages skin regeneration
Exfoliating or Brightening Pads: All Skin Types
- Serum in a pad form. These are extremely effective in removing any leftover makeup and unclogging your pores. This is to be done after cleansing, not in place of.
Vitamin C Serum: All Skin Types (but especially individuals who can easily tan)
- Mild exfoliator that promotes skin regeneration
Green Tea Ice Cubes: All Skin Types
- Natural remedy that uses antioxidants to promote healthy skin cells. Every morning and night, massage one ice cube over the entire face.