How to Get Rid of Cellulite
How to Get Rid of Cellulite
Get Tips on How to Minimize the Appearance of Cellulite
Cellulite is what happens when the fats cells in your body are sticking to themselves and becoming separated from the connective tissues at the same time. This creates an uneven, lumpy appearance. Here are a few tips to help minimize the appearance of cellulite:
• Stay hydrated. You should aim to drink at least 7-8 glasses of water per day, not counting coffee and sodas (which only act as diuretics in the system). Hydrated skin is naturally more plump and healthy looking.
• Take liquid silica to rebuild and strengthen the lower dermal layers. I recommend Eidon Silica Liquid concentrate, which comes in a small, dark-blue bottle, and is available at any health food store or online. Follow the directions for usage on the label.
• Exfoliate. The most common areas to get cellulite are the thighs and tush. In a small bowl, mix coarse salt with olive or grape seed oil, and take it in the shower with you. Coarse salt creates the friction necessary to lift and un-stick the fat deposits. Rub in circular motions, spending a few minutes in each affected area.
• Exercise every day—even if it’s only for fifteen minutes. Take a walk around the block to stimulate circulation, which encourages the breakdown of cellulite. Active women are less likely to have cellulite.
• Apply a cellulite cream containing caffeine and L-Carnitine. I did the research for you and found a reasonably priced product with a five-star user rating: Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite Smoothing Gel Cream, which sells online and in-stores for $13. Warm the cream between your hands and massage onto your thighs. Use the palms of your hands, and rub in opposite directions. Do this twice a day for five minutes.
• Check out Proskins.co. They have a line called Proskins Slim which includes leggings that are infused with caffeine, aloe, vitamin E, retinols and ceramides. The leggings have a slight compression component to them, and are clinically proven to reduce cellulite by 63%. Wear them while exercising, sleeping, or under your regular clothes.
• Though not a treatment for cellulite, sunless tanners create a dark shadow that makes cellulite less noticeable.
• Wraps and mud packs. Research your local spas to see what they offer. These methods are extremely effective and give immediate—but not permanent—results, making them ideal for special occasions and vacations.
• Cellulaze. This is the most expensive option, but it’s the newest tool we have in the fight against cellulite. It is said to be a very simple procedure with no down time. After just one treatment, cellulite is history for most cases.
Your cellulite didn’t appear overnight and it’s not going to disappear overnight. You need to develop a system of working against cellulite and be consistent. Eventually, smoother skin will start to shine through. When it does, maintain your results by doing at least a few of these suggestions each week.