Dark Circles Under the Eyes By Cathy Wong
Dark Circles Under the Eyes by Cathy Wong
There Are Some Home Remedies That May Help to Diminish the Appearance of Dark Circles Under Eyes
2. Wear sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 under the eyes to prevent skin weakening caused by sun damage.
3. Get plenty of rest.
4. Apply plain cool teabags over closed eyes. Don’t use herbal teabags, because most aren't as effective.
5. Apply cool cucumber slices over closed eyes for 15 minutes.
6. Be careful not to consume too much dietary salt. Start by learning about sources of sodium in the diet.
7. Apply vitamin K cream. Although studies haven't looked at the use of topical vitamin K for dark circles under the eyes, preliminary studies have found that vitamin K may help with bruising.
8. Vitamin C helps to strengthen blood vessel walls. Quiz: Are you getting enough vitamin C?
9. The dietary supplements grape seed extract and pycnogenol contain antioxidant pigments that may help to strengthen blood vessels. They should be used under medical supervision by people on "blood-thinning" drugs such as Coumadin (warfarin) and aspirin.
Certain foods, such as cranberries, blueberries, bilberries, tea (green and black), black currant, onions, legumes, and parsley also contain these antioxidant pigments.
10. Eat kidney-balancing foods. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, a bluish cast under the eyes are due to an imbalance in kidney energy. Learn more about kidney yang deficiency and foods to eat.