Beauty for a Cause
Beauty for a Cause
Beauty Companies That Give Back!
1. AHAVA Hope Blossoms Bath Salts: First of all, bath time with a glass of wine is my favorite time of day! These bath salts are full of skin-energizing Dead Sea salt crystals. They’re perfect for a foot soak after a long day of wearing tall pumps as well! This product benefits the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
2. After you’re done with your bath, lather up with The Body Shop’s Soft Hands Kind Heart Hand Cream. 100% of the net proceeds go to ECPAT, an organization that combats and raises awareness about sex trafficking.
3. If you live in a windy city like me, you are going to love Sara Happ’s sparkling grapefruit lip scrub! It’s impossible to apply any lip color when my lips are chapped. Love the product, love the packaging, oh I’m in love! Also it may seem like a splurge at first (it’s $24), but it lasts for months!
4. Every year since 2009, Origins has hosted a fundraiser to raise money for their Plant A Tree program. For 2011, they were able to plant over 45,000 trees in the Republic of Ghana. This is such an amazing cause!
5. Bare Escentuals’ BE Cares loose, eyeshadows are extremely unique! Right now, they have three colors available. Each color supports a special cause such as the Lung Cancer Alliance, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the Alzheimer’s Association. They are a perfect, small gift or add-on. However, I ended up keeping Tenderheart for myself because it was so beautiful.
6. With winter coming, I am candle and cozy slipper prepped! My sister just got me an amazing rose candle from Diptyque, which 20% of proceeds are donated to The Pink Agenda. I can’t wait to cozy up to this candle with a good book and a warm latte! Or maybe some good gossip blogs as well ;)
7. Tarte has created SAP, Sustainable Amazon Partnership, as a means to preserve the Amazon Rainforest. If you purchase a product with their t5 super fruit complex, you are helping this cause even further. Skincare and a great cause, score! Plus, a lot of Tarte’s products are healthier as they are paraben- and sulfate-free
8. Sonia Kashuk Brush Set is only $15! Such a steal for 3 brushes, and 15% of all proceeds go to the Breast Cancer Foundation. Plus, it comes with a silver metallic brush roll. Can someone say stocking stuffer? The detail on the brushes are amazing as well!
Thanks to The Body Shop and The Zoe Report for pics :)