Springs Top 10 Nail Polish Shades!
Springs Top 10 Nail Polish Shades!
1) TANGERINE- Orange shades will be huge for the next year so expect to see a lot of retro-mod brights that look straight out of the 60's!
Try: Sephora by OPI Nail Colour in Paisley Attention To Me!, $9.50 (See image)
CND Colour in Electric Orange, $9
Sonia Kashuk Nail Colour in Tango Mango, $4.99
2) PISTACHIO- Unlike last seasons hunter Green trend this year is all about pistachio. Look for a polish with lots of opacity and creamy undertones so that it really pops on your nails!
Try: Essie Nail Polish in Navigate Her, $8 (See image)
NYX Advanced Salon Formula Polish in Pastel Pistachio
OPI Polish in Stranger Tides
3) RAINBOW GLITTER- Glitter is back and better than ever for Spring 2012 in new shapes, colors and sizes of sparkles.
Try: Nicki Minaj by OPI Nail Lacquer in Save Me, $8.50 (See image)
China Glaze Nail Polish in Techno, $7
Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquer in "Fabulous" Is My Middle Name, $7
4) MODERN NEONS- As if I have to tell you that neon's are huge right now! For a new, grown up version, ditch the highlighter colors and opt for the newer version that look like neon but with a little white mixed in. The result is a slightly muted but still super vibrant hue.
Try: Sephora by OPI Nail Colour in It's Totally Karma, $9.50
China Glaze Nail Polish in Gothic Lolita, $7
Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer in Pink Graffiti, $23 (See image)
5) FOUNDATION SHADES- Last years sheer pink nails have been upgraded to modern beige's and other foundation inspired tints. The tricks is finding a shade that matches your skin tone for the look of long, slender fingers.
Try: Sephora by OPI Nail Colour in Neutral Beauty, $9.50 (See image)
CDN Color Shellac in Cocoa
Sally Hansen Smooth & Perfect Color + Care in Linen, $5.49
6) TRUE BLUES- Feeling blue? Your nails will definitely be this season. Blues of all shades will be big the season-from baby blue, to turquoise, to navy. This is one trend that will stretch into the falls months as well.
Try: OPI Nail Lacquer in I Don't Give A Rotterdam, $8.50
China Glaze Nail Polish in Kinetic Candy, $7 (See image)
Essence Color and Go in Sure Azure
7) PROPER PASTELS- Instead of the usual cotton candy shades we often reach for come Easter, this seasons pastels are a more sophisticated version. Think more along the lines of pale lavender and butter yellow.
Try: Essie Nail Polish in To Buy Or Not To Buy, $8
Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in May, $26
China Glaze Polish in Lemon Fizz, 7$ (See image)
8) FIERCE FUCHSIA- Girly-girls rejoice!! Hot pinks and fuchsias have replaced that pale pink nails of last season. Looks for shades with glitter, pearlescent undertones, and opaques for an edgy finish with just the right amount of femininity.
Try: Nails Inc. Neon Polish in Notting Hill Gate, $9.50
Essie Nail Polish in Tour De Finance, 8$ (See image)
China Glaze Polish in Fuchsia Fantastic, 7$
9) DEEP PURPLES- This season purple is making a comeback in rich shades ranging from royal purple to deep grape.
Try- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Tru
NARS Polish in Diamond Life (See image)
Nicole By OPI in Purple Yourself Together, 7$
10) GOLDEN GIRL- Gold is a great shade this season to space up nails for a night on the town a la Rihanna's 5000$ gold polish at the Grammy's. But you don't have to cough up five G's to cop her style just try one of the shades below.
Try: Chanel Le Vernis Nail Lacquer in Gold Fingers, 26$ (See image)
Deborah Lippman Polish in Boom Boom Pow
OPI Gold Shatter Nail Polish, 7$