Fashion in Movies
Fashion in Movies
- The Devil Wears Prada : When Andy finally has a change of heart and embraces that she's working the job 'million of girls would die for' heralds one of the best scenes of the movie. It's fashion after fashion after glorious fashion. The emerald green coat is a favorite, as is the way Anne Hathaway can rock a red lip.
- Clueless : Awhile ago I had posted a video that showed all of Cher's outfits edited together in one clip from this classic movie. This movie paved the way for mid-riff shirts, plaid mini skirts and sweet, cap sleeved dresses. Her impeccably flat-ironed hair and expert application of mascara makes watching Alicia Silverstone and her revolving closet a must see. During a time when it was baggy jeans and ripped shirts, she really was a breath of fresh air.
- Sex and the City - The Movie : Carrie's style progressively became more cohesive as the years went on. Instead of wearing randomly mismatched items in off putting patterns and colors, she found a haute couture meets vintage store style. Her time in Paris in Season 6 was some of the best fashion of the show and she continued the trend in this movie. Her metal-studded belt made me rush out and get the knock-off brand, her use of hats, those SHOES and definitely that Vivienne Westwood wedding dress. Fashion sigh.
- Bridesmaids : Yes, you probably were too busy laughing to notice the fashion but I loved Kristen Wiig's look in this movie. Her skirts, blazer, and colorful pearls combo was trendy without being stuffy and fit perfectly with her character. Also, her pale pink pocketed choice for a bridesmaid dress was far better than the one chosen.
- Crazy Stupid Love : I say this not only because of my devotion to Ryan Gosling but because his style in this movie made me jaw fall to the floor. The suave brilliance of those suits! The pocket squares, the shoes, the effortless shirt undone, the smirky grin - the whole look was perfection, as is he.
What have your favorite moments in fashion been?